- City of Palm Springs IT
- Helpful Resources
- Printer Resources
Set your default printer
- Go to Start > Devices and Printers and select the printer you want to set as default. This should be the printer you will use most.
- Right-click on the printer and select Set as default printer. A check mark is displayed on the printer icon to mark it as your default printer.
Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.8
- Click the Apple menu > System Preferences > Print & Scan.
- Choose an option from the Default Printer pop-up menu.
- If you want the default printer always to be the same printer, choose that printer. The default printer doesn’t change even after you print to a different printer.
- If you want the default printer to be the one you printed to last, choose Last Printer Used. The default printer changes whenever you print to a different printer.